Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Getting It From Here to There

I caught this picture Monday while on my way home. Well, actually I nearly caught it.  My camera was not as quick as I had hoped, and the car was nearly out of the frame by the time I got the camera to capture the shot.  And what a shot.

You see, the Southern man (or even women - yes, women, it is the 21st Century after all, and yes, I am digressing again) The Southerner is nothing if not an 'out of the box' thinker.  It seems that this Southerner wanted to transport their lawn mower to another lawn, and didn't have a pickup truck, roof rack or trailer hitch and trailer.  (Wait a Southerner without a pickup truck? Yes, remember? 21st Century?  Out of the Box Thinker?  Stay with me now....) So, what does one do? He (or she) improvises with the tools at hand,  or rather - vehicle at hand; sitting there on the back of the car - no wait, IN the back of the car, dangling out of the trunk space itself, holding on to the handle of the mower, dragging it along.  Low Speed - High Efficiency - Low Cost. 

What box?  I don't see a box, do you see a box?
Definitely OUT of the Box thinking.  Southern Thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment