Wednesday, July 10, 2013

It's Time for BARBEQUE!


In my back yard, I have this nice propane grill.  I keep it covered as you can see.  It's a good sized grill, and just a year or two back I rebuilt it with new lava rock and baffles.  It cooks really good and we use it at least once a month.  Yeah.  Once. A. Month.

Here in the South, most true Southerners barbecue several times a week.  Some of them even use their grills all year round.  Grilling is just a part of southern life.  And, since it is, it's important for the true southerner to have their own grill, not only that, some people go to extremes in building the right grill

To give you an idea of what that means, here are a few of the more 'well designed' grills.
Well, I'll be a son of a gun, that's a straight shootin' grill!


I think I know what this guy is serving, and it's not barbecue!
Now, some people go in for these big barbecue competitions.  For that you need something not only big, and professional, but also portable.  Like this:

and then there's this - no trailer hitch needed!

And of course, you can so really large and portable... with this!
This thing is so big it needs a Semi-Tractor to haul it!
Then again, I think I'll stick with my little backyard grill.  My Non-Southern DNA would probably rebel if I tried something that big!


No comments:

Post a Comment