Thursday, January 8, 2015

Construction Catch-Up

It was just a few months ago that I discovered the construction going on over by the river, where the new amphitheater was being built.  It seems things like this are always downtown, which makes better sense, I suppose than putting it next to my house.  

As I've also noted, right across the street (to my right, if you consider the picture above) is a group of really nice condos and lofts.  Made just for the young urban professional (we used to call them Yuppies) and hipsters (we used to call them pretentious,) these condos are only a couple of stories tall and were designed  beautifully to blend with the building designs nearby.  Every time I see this construction site, I wonder at the future of those condos.
Taken from the same bus at the same point. 
Now, either these residents are all music lovers, or they are going to be selling their condos for cheap in the coming year.  And no, I'm not going to be buying one.  And, if I'm going to be totally honest here, and I usually am, these actually are sort of diagonally across the street from the back of the venue.  Directly to the side of these, and directly across the street from the open air part of the amphitheater is a parking lot.
The parking lot, such as it is. 
But the condos are right beside it so my confusion is still valid.  As is my curiosity and my driver's license.  Ok, enough of that.

So, as the construction continues, I will endeavor to bring more of it's growth to this blog and continue to harp on the poor condo owners.  It's what I do.

And in case you hadn't noticed, I'm moving publication of this blog to Thursdays because ...of... I mean, it's, uh.... cuz I want to.  

No comments:

Post a Comment