Wednesday, January 29, 2014

I Didn't See You There - Pocket Edition

Not too long ago I lamented the fact that I,  a Southern Wanna-Be did not own any camo gear.  For the uninitiated, Camo is short for camouflage.  Much of a good Southern Man's wardrobe can be found to be camo in design.  You'll see hunters sporting the design, but also your everyday Joe can be found in camo on a regular basis - Heck even kids enjoy the design.

For those that don't realize it, there are mainly two kids of camouflage:  Difused Colors and Photo realistic. Diffused colors are the designs you see on Army gear. They are designed to hide equipment and men in any given area using the local colors (like greens and brown for forests, tan and khaki for deserts.)  Photorealistic patterns attempt to mimic actual leaves, grass and trees in the same way as to hide something from the naked eye.  

But it's still difficult to decide on your first Camo Gear. (You think some kids company has put out a My First Camo Gear line?  Sorry, digressing again...) I had thought maybe a pair of lounging pants, or perhaps a tee-shirt maybe just a camo hat; but the decision was taken away from me (thankyouthankyouthankyou!) by a good friend who sent me the item above. 

As you can see, it is a wallet.  It falls into the Photo realistic category of camo designs but for the Wanna-Bee Southern Gentleman myself, this is also nifty as it is made entirely of DUCK TAPE.  Duck Tape recently has begun putting out all sorts of designs and this terrific pattern is just one of them.  Now, to make matters even better, she tells me that this wallet was made by a 14 yr old boy she knows!  When I was 14 I was still trying to figure out how to tie my shoes!  

I love this wallet as it makes me more southern.  I most assuredly won't go into the fact that both the friend who sent it to me and the 14 yr old maker are both from CANADA.  (Yes, Southern Canada!) I'll just be glad they made the choice for me so I didn't end up with something like this:


No comments:

Post a Comment