Saturday, December 24, 2011

Southern Advent Calendar

 
I would love to say that I found this under my neighbor Bubba's Holiday tree or hanging on his wall, but in truth, someone sent the photo to me.  The Suthun Advent Calendar is much like most advent Calendars but instead of chocolate, you get...that's right...beer.   I showed this to Neighbor Bubba and his remark was that the designer (designer?) must have been a Nawthunah cuz a true Suthunah would have one case per day and not want to stop at one can per day. "I mean, let's get real here," he said.  "You start drinking beer during Christmas, you do NOT want to stop at one can!"  (Bubba is a true Suthunah.) 

One might wonder at the person who originally designed the 'case' of beer to include 24 cans (or bottles) which is precisely the number of days in Advent.  "Also the number of hours in a day." says Neighbor Bubba.  This must have been a Southerner to be so forward thinking. 

I'd like to take this time to thank you all for another year of readership, and wish you a true Suthun Christmas with BeerVent Calendars and a Non-Psycho Peguin Holiday.  

No comments:

Post a Comment