Wednesday, August 31, 2011
A SUTHUN-NESS Test...How Southern Are you?
I found this test on the net, and was astounded that I could actually answer better than half of the questions. Most Non-Suthunaz can only get one or two, maybe 3. How well can you do? I've placed the answers below each question, hidden in the colors. Take the whole test before checking your answers. (To see the whole answer, click three (3) times on the word 'Answer' below each question.) Post your score in the comments.
1) How many Vienna Sausages are in a can?
2) What was the number and color of Richard Petty's cars?
Answer: 43 Red and blue.
3) Bill Dance is good at what?
Answer: Fishin', He has a TV show: Bill Dance Outdoors.
4) What university does Bill Dance root for?
Answer: Univ. of Tennessee (The Volunteers)
5) Where did Herschel Walker play (college) football?
Answer: Univ. of Georgia
6) After boiling peanuts for an hour you have what?
Answer: Hard Peanuts
7) In cubic inches, how big is the smallest 1966 GM small-block V8?
Answer: 283 cu. in.
8) A Cajun is likely to speak what furrin' language?
9) What is a chigger?
Answer: a Redbug (A parasite)
10) What is scrapple?
Answer: A sausage like loaf made from pig parts.
11) Where is "The Redneck Riviera"?
Answer: Panama City Beach, FL
12) What's that fuzzy stuff hanging off the oak trees?
Answer: Spanish Moss
13) What follows logically? Johnson, Mercury, ___.
14) What's the common name for a bowfin?
15) If you mated a heifer and a steer, what would you get?
Answer: Nothing, a steer usually has been castrated.
16) Who sang "Your Cheatin' Heart"?
Answer: Hank Williams Sr.
17) What are grits made out of?
18) Who was nicknamed "The Bear"?
Answer: Paul Bryant, sorry, COACH Paul Bryant.
19) Why is the Blue Ridge blue?
Answer: Pollen in the air.
20) What did The Baldwin Sisters make?
Answer: "The Recipe", an elixir
21) Who was Andy Taylor's love interest?
Answer: Miss Helen Crump
22) What are the radio station call letters that carries "The Grand Ol' Opry"?
Answer: WSM (Nashville)
23) Where would you find Vidalia County?
24) What sport requires 3 legs and a rope?
Answer: Calf ropin'
25) What instrument did Bill Monroe play? (typically)
26) What are scuppernongs?
Answer: Wild grapes
27) Do you want the goats to get into the kudzu?
Answer: Yes, the keep the kudzu (a weed) from getting out of control.
28) What color is General Lee?
29) What do you call the offspring of a mule?
Answer: Nothing, Mules are usually sterile.
30) What will you harvest when you plant "shade"?
So, how did you do?
up to 4, you's a yankee.
5-10 Suthuna Wannabe
11-16 Suthun Undergrad.
16+ Well, butter my buns and call me a biscuit, you beat my score and are probably either a true suthuna or you cheated. Either way, hope you had fun with the test.