Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Joy Riding in the South


The winter frost has almost abated and the spring is peeking its head out from under the frozen magnolia trees here in the Mid-South.  Headed over to the bus station downtown the other day, I came across a wonderful new way to see Music City. It was sitting at a red light and I caught this photo before it roared off down the street toward the Ryman.

It's called Joy Ride Nashville.  Basically it's just a big golf cart with a driver taking you on a visual sight seeing tour of the downtown area - microbreweries, show venues and the like, or it can be reserved/commandeered like a taxi. to get you from point A to point B.  (I wonder if they would take you to play golf?) Their website has a number and some great photos but after the winter we've just had I can only see the fact that this thing has no real protection from the weather! Canvas doors, Canvas roof and plastic windows.   I'm hoping that the seats sit right over the engine and keep you warm, because those light doors and roof surely won't.  

There is nothing on the signage there that tells you how much a ride might be, and there is nothing on the website which explains the cost. I suppose it's like a lot of things: If you have to ask, you can't afford it. But, I dunno, I think it might be a great way to travel around the city, take in the sights, stop for a bite or a drink (non-light beer, like a good southerner) and enjoy life.  Isn't that what we all want to do when we're visiting a  new city?  I live here and it's what I would do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment