Friday, February 12, 2016

Duck Tape Level Up!

As any good Southerner  - nay any good HOMEOWNER knows Duck Tape is one of the best things for making repairs and doing work around the house. You can use it to hold things in place while you work with them, or just hold them in place permanently. I've already posted the history of the product as well as the proper terminology DUCK Tape, not DUCT tape. If you wish to catch up, click here.  

But, getting back to my reason for writing, other than it fills me with purpose, I reached for my brand new roll of Duck Tape the other day and pulled off a long piece when I noticed that the tape seemed somehow 'less' than usual.  Thinner, perhaps, and I looked at it closely. It was thinner, and the webbing embedded in it seemed looser, further apart. I grumbled a bit under my breath as I thought of how some companies cut back on quality to keep prices low. Grumble Grumble, need another piece....and...

And then my eyes beheld something I had never noticed before.  Behold:
It says "Basic Strength" right there on the label! Now, to me, the fact that Duck Tape themselves puts the phrase on there means only one thing.  There is more than one type of Duck Tape! The mind fairly boggles at the thought!

"Oh Glory-BE!" I cried. (Yes, sometimes I talk like that. It's a family thing.) Then I raced to my computer and went to the Duck Tape site and began looking around. I've always known that Duck Tape made tapes with zebra stripes, neon colors and such, but I was searching for more. There, under the All Products, and then Original Duck Tape, I found the mother load!  They've got Original and Basic (my roll above) as well as All Purpose, Advanced and (be still my beating heart...) MAX STRENGTH. That must be the tape used to keep the moon up in the sky! I was giddy with excitement as I made plans for my first order for one of each, including MAX Strength. 

As luck would have it, I was cleaning up a bit and came across my OTHER rolls of duck tape.  Immediately I checked the label and there it was: ADVANCED! 

I think this is my favorite, but I'm still looking forward to getting a roll of MAX STRENGTH.

So, lesson learned.  Never buy anything other than DUCK Brand tape, and always check what grade you're buying. And lastly, buy a roll of that MAX strength and send it to me. I'll try to mention you by name when I write about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment